Thanks

Default My man is not feeling himself

Started yesterday. He seemed to be moving slowly and acting off. Then I noticed a bit more of a hunch in his back. Still ate his dinner with his usual gusto. More hesitant to move as evening progressed. He seems to lean more to his right when he is standing. I gave him some Tramadol left from the last episode. I had to work today, so my daughter was watching him. He is the same as yesterday. I don't want to take him to the e-vet as he is comfortable now on Tramadol. I will take him to my vet tomorrow. He would appreciate some magic rayz please.
    Olga
    Remembering my angels Sebastian and Sofie.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Geez, Olga, too much!!! Sending all the for your poor boy! Please keep us posted. Is he on crate rest?
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Oh, no, Olga! Sending tons of for you and your boy.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Default He was feeling worse today

He seemed more stiff today. So, we carried him outside to potty and back. He still has his appetite and potty ok. Took him to vet. Our regular is off today. Saw her partner. She felt that it was his neck. They can be so tough and not show pain when manipulated. Since it is his front left leg he is not putting much weight on and Natasha's comment about not raising his head up much, we decided to give him a laser treatment for the neck. He is on Prednisone and Tramadol. Since Tramadol has not relieved his pain that much in the last 24 hours, we may try Gabapentin if continues to be uncomfortable.

He is enjoying his "manly green chariot on wheels" aka a stroller. I also have the crate we used after his surgery set up. Good thing I didn't give it back to my friend after his February episode.

He seems more relaxed after the laser treatment.
    Olga

Thanks

Bless his sweet heart! Prays and rays he’s all better soon!
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks

My mom's dog seems to have the same problems as your little ones do at the same times! He also seems to have a neck issue right now. He's a cocker spaniel though, so not necessarily IVDD. The vet gave her some gabapentin, but I'm not sure it helped. A half Benadryl seemed to be more useful. Rayz for your handsome Sebastian ~~~~~~

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

could it be a shoulder problem, Olga? This sounds like something Heidi went through a couple of years ago and it turned out it was a gorked shoulder, not neck. Hence the limp. More
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

It is hard to tell what's up with them. I have had one with a front leg and one with a back leg problem that I thought was a back/neck problem at first. Whatever it is, I hope it resolves itself soon.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

He was quite miserable yesterday afternoon. Natasha took him out of the crate and put him on her bed. He wouldn't even reposition himself. I spoke with my vet and gave him Tramadol with Gabapentin. He is getting it 3 times a day. He is feeling much better today. He is still having problem standing on the kitchen tile floor, but moves ok outside. He now has loose poops. Of course, it makes me worried about his pancreatitis. But he wags his tail!

I was thinking about his limp and shoulder. It is so tough to pinpoint what is wrong with them since they hide it so well at the vet. Dr Putnam did manipulate the leg in question and extended it forward pretty far. He didn't react. He also didn't react when she was pushing all over his spine.
    Olga