Heidi has been a bit touchy around her neck for the last couple of weeks but nothing obvious. Yesterday morning she started to eat her breakfast then stopped. I picked her up and found that there was a big lump which seemed quite sore on the right side of her jaw. She ate her b'fast but it took her a while...she didn't want to open her mouth very wide. Then last night she wanted nothing to do with her supper and was bery bery sad. Now there are no vets anywhere near whom I would trust my dogs with, and my vet is in the city, a 2 hour drive away. This has been my biggest fear...an emergency that I needed to deal with stat. I called Janey, told her what was going on and she felt that she did need seeing. She suggested a vet in Truro which is an hour away. So I called, and the lovely vet there said to bring her in. Let's just say I'm glad there were no cops around ...was there in 45 minutes. Long story short, she has an infected saliva gland, so is now on antibiotics and tramadol. Also an ear infection started, so Surolan for the next couple of weeks. It was 1030 by the time I got home, and we actually slept in this morning, which never,ever happens!! (well, only til 5:30, but still! I never did get supper last night so b'fast was very welcome all round ) . She also is on canned food for the next few days which she is a big fan of, although Buster is jealous! I may also have found a new, closer vet, because Dr. Snyder was super. Any rayz gratefully accepted!