Thread: Poor Blue Dog

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Default Poor Blue Dog

I'm not sure what's up with Blue. He seemed okay this morning and when I came home for lunch he came right out of his crate and even went outside and walked around. I didn't see him jump or do anything really. Not even running, but by the time I was ready to go back to work he didn't want to get up off the bed in the kitchen and walk into the bedroom. I very carefully lifted him up and took him to the bedroom. I put him down and he walked into his crate normally. Then when I came home tonight, he doesn't want to get out of his crate. He ate his dinner just fine. I don't know what's up with him, but there's definitely something off. I'm just hoping we don't have a back problem developing. He had back surgery almost 3 years ago. I already had an appt set up for Dr. Cooper to come out and do the dog's backs tomorrow afternoon so I'll talk to her then about it.

Any spare will be appreciated.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Morning Update: Blue seems to be doing okay. He's still up and walking and seems to be better. Wags his tail and even gave me some kisses. He seemed a bit confused about being carried outside to potty. It was raining so, of course, I couldn't get him to potty in the rain, on the leash. I'll try again later.

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Oh gosh, sending lots of rayz ~~~~~~!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Not sure how I missed this last night!!! Sending a ton of for Mr. blue! I wondr if it's a shoulder thing...that has happened with Heidi twice where I thought it was her back, and it turned out being her shoulder. that Dr. Cooper can figure it out tomorrow, and that it's nothing serious!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

I did think of it being something other than his back. I thought Miller had a back problem going on at one point and it turned out to be his rear leg. It's so hard to tell what's going on with these little guys.

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

So what did Dr. Cooper say? More and a just cuz!
    Paula & Buster

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Dr Cooper thinks it is his back, but it seems to be a very mild irritation. He's up and can wag his tail, he's eating fine, giving kisses, so not too bad. He is sort of sad and I think he knows something is wrong. He's also not happy with being confined and not allowed to get on the big bed by himself. She said to just keep doing what I am not which is keeping him quiet and letting him rest. Blue is really a pretty easy dog to do this with as he's a very quiet dog. Not rambunctious at all. Like *someone* we know. *cough* Darby *cough*

She's coming back next Wednesday to adjust him again. He was feeling much better after his adjustment today. So for now we are spending a lot of time in the bedroom with his harness and leash on so he can't do anything he shouldn't and the steps are gone from the bed. Blue has never liked the ramp but will use the steps that Scooter used so I've just kept them in the bedroom. Right now they are over by the wall which annoys Blue. Poor boy.

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsadox For This Useful Post:

Rae

Thanks

SO glad it's a mild case!!!!! I hope he doesn't do like James used to do when I had steps up to the bed and then moved them so Wen couldn't get up them...James just climbed the steps where they were (his vision wasn't great by that point) and then got cranky that they only led to the wall LOL. Sending a ton more and . Keep us posted, ok?
    Paula & Buster

Thanks

Rayz for Blue. Hope he continues to improve.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI