Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Default You know you've had too many old dogs when...

you're worried because they're NOT peeing in the house . Heidi ALWAYS pees on the rug in the back porch while I'm at work. I come home at lunch, change it, let them out (and she usually has another pee outside), and unless I'm home really early, she's peed again when I get home from work. If she hasn't there's a puddle somewhere!!! Yesterday though I got home from work late, expecting a wet mat. Nope. Looked EVERYWHERE (they're closed in the kitchen when I'm out)...nothing. Put her out, she didn't pee. Fed her her supper (she gets a full cup of water in her b'fast and supper because of her pancreatitis), put her out again, nothing. It wasn't til I'd finished my supper almost 2 hours later that she finally peed. Now most people would be thrilled by all this! But such a radical change in her routine worries me...probably foolishly . Maybe I should just be grateful for small miracles LOL. Anyway, I'm away for a week at a conference next week and they're staying with my friend Sandra again (Nancy just can't take the vacation time to come here ), so I've made a vet appt for when I get back to get her checked out. I hate that my vet is two hours away........
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Where is said conference?

It might just be a one off day, she might now pee a bunch of times in a row I know what you mean about routine with older dogs. I too get stressed when Pixel's potty schedule is off.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

Ottawa. Still working on getting back to Toronto. I don't think it's an obstruction cuz when she does pee she has no problems apart from getting traction on the ice. Have I mentioned how much I loathe winter???
    Paula & Buster

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

I remember starting a thread on here years ago because Cassie hadn't peed one day and I was getting anxious . Hope your girl has done her thing.

Older dachshunds and their interpretations of the rules! I haven't had one in almost 10 months and I still find myself constantly expecting to step in a puddle as I walk through the house.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

10 months already, Kim!!! How did that happen??? Time goes by so quckly.

She's more or less back to normal today. It does seem to vary from day to tday. Or she'll go out and pee, and then pee inside 5 minutes later. Vet appt will hopefully figure it out!
    Paula & Buster

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex's Mom For This Useful Post: