Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Need Sam rayz UPDATE

Last Monday(on his 14th bday) Sam was diagnosed with severe kidney infection, kidney failure and high blood sugar. 2 days of iv fluids got his sugars down, kidneys flushed and got the nausea gone and had him eating.
    Need those rayz folks - Sam is back at Doc. Carroll's. Refusing to eat throwing up. Can't even keep his anti nausea meds down :( He was doing sooooo good, we switched him Saturday to the renal diet and all hell broke loose. All he does is sleep and shake. April is not the time Sam - fight buddy.

My man keeps going. His will is strong - he gets to eat whatever he wants in small portions - he snuggles so close each night - he barks at anyone ho walks past without loving him! Doc C was honest - I could have a week a month or with luck a year but eventually I will lose him - so I take each day with lots of hugs and don't think about tomorrow.
    Last edited by Mama S.; 05-17-2019 at 09:48 AM. Reason: update
    Sandi aka Mama S aka keeper of da herd and da Popsicle flavor list AND Nana to Sean, Mykaylyn, Emma, Baylee, Eli, and Bryce and Mama to da brat, da boy and Brooke!

Thanks

Oh no! I thought he was out of the woods :( Sending all the rayz to your little SamWise. Keep us posted on the Hobbit.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

Olga
    Remembering my angels Sebastian and Sofie.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Sending lots of for Sam and for you
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Doc wants to flush him every day this week. We just can't get ahead of the infection/toxin in his bloodstream. I was going to let him go this morning but he turned around, strutted across the parking lot and peed on a tree. Our beloved tech Jamie decided it wasn't his time yet and so we will keep trying.
    Since you can't do dialysis on a dog, they run a full bag of iv fluids. He is peeing like a champ so kidneys are still working just not well enough.
    Sandi aka Mama S aka keeper of da herd and da Popsicle flavor list AND Nana to Sean, Mykaylyn, Emma, Baylee, Eli, and Bryce and Mama to da brat, da boy and Brooke!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Don't know how I missed all this, Mama! I'm so sorry I went through this with Jules and it's so hard. Then they do that rally thing and you're so grateful for another day. Sending you a ton of and .
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mama S. View Post
    Last Monday(on his 14th bday) Sam was diagnosed with severe kidney infection, kidney failure and high blood sugar. 2 days of iv fluids got his sugars down, kidneys flushed and got the nausea gone and had him eating.
    Need those rayz folks - Sam is back at Doc. Carroll's. Refusing to eat throwing up. Can't even keep his anti nausea meds down :( He was doing sooooo good, we switched him Saturday to the renal diet and all hell broke loose. All he does is sleep and shake. April is not the time Sam - fight buddy.
    So very sorry to hear your baby isn’t well. Sending love from NZ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Last night he ate his very first full meal in 12 days :( He had a grilled cheese sammich! Goddess Jamie says to feed him whatever he will eat. No butter, low fat cheese and whole wheat bread. He took about an hour to eat the whole thing but he enjoyed it!
    This am he barked at Papa Jamie, gave me kisses, wagged his tail, loved me! Today he is getting more fluids and Jamie is going to chop off his toes - he probably won't give her kisses! He has lost so much weight - is still wobbly but he still tries. Love my boy.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Eating is good! Sending lots more
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

He can take as long as he needs. Enjoy Sweet Sam!! More rayz.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI