Thread: Buster Update

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Default Buster Update

And it's not good news . There's no change in his liver or gall bladder at all, after a month on treatment, and his bloods are worse. There is a faint chance it may be chronic hepatitis, but the radiologist and Barry (and his associate Jess, who's also pretty awesome) all feel confident in saying cancer. We're going to add a course of antibiotics to see if that helps at all, but they doubt it will. Will recheck his bloods in a month. Unfortunately there's literally nothing else to be done. Jess was reluctant (understandably) to give me a prognosis re: time, but Barry had said it could be anywhere between 3 and 8 months. And he IS 14 1/2, after all.

So....a very unhappy mom. He's not showing any signs of sickness apart from the occasional peeing accident, but my experience with cancer is that they're fine and then one day, they're just done. Until then, I'm going to make sure we have the best summer ever with lots of walks and loving and treats.

Still waiting on Heidi's pancreas recheck. She's also on the decline though. Sadly, there is a distinct possibility that I will be dogless by the fall. My heart needs a bit of a break, I think. However, they're not gone yet, so we'll just take each day as it comes.
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Your heart may need a break...or it might need a dog that you know no one else would take and love until their time comes to cross the rainbow bridge. And if you do need a break, you have totally earned it girl. I am so sorry the news for Buster is not good. Sending him lots of rayz that he continues to have more good days vs. bad ones. Love to you and the critters.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

Oh Paula, big hug to you. You are a special woman to take those older doggies in. Cancer sucks. Enjoy the time you have left with them.
    I am dogless for the first time in 25 years. I miss my S&S every day.
    Olga
    Remembering my angels Sebastian and Sofie.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Thanks, guys. This is a hard one. Lisa, my pocketbook needs a break too. Almost $3000 in the last 6 weeks. I've got two big trips coming, including 2 weeks in Portugal in Feb. There will be more dogs, but not before March. Of course, we plan and Dog laughs...
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

many many rayz for Buster. I'm sorry to hear the news. And for Heidi too. it would not be wrong to take a break unless someone wiggles their way in during that time ;-)
    Angela
    Rusty, Odie & Baxter

Thanks

Honey! All the hugs and rayz from Kentucky... loving dogs is wonderful and sometimes painful...

Hope that you get good news. And perhaps your heart does need a break. But as you say, Dog laughs!
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner