And it's not good news . There's no change in his liver or gall bladder at all, after a month on treatment, and his bloods are worse. There is a faint chance it may be chronic hepatitis, but the radiologist and Barry (and his associate Jess, who's also pretty awesome) all feel confident in saying cancer. We're going to add a course of antibiotics to see if that helps at all, but they doubt it will. Will recheck his bloods in a month. Unfortunately there's literally nothing else to be done. Jess was reluctant (understandably) to give me a prognosis re: time, but Barry had said it could be anywhere between 3 and 8 months. And he IS 14 1/2, after all.

So....a very unhappy mom. He's not showing any signs of sickness apart from the occasional peeing accident, but my experience with cancer is that they're fine and then one day, they're just done. Until then, I'm going to make sure we have the best summer ever with lots of walks and loving and treats.

Still waiting on Heidi's pancreas recheck. She's also on the decline though. Sadly, there is a distinct possibility that I will be dogless by the fall. My heart needs a bit of a break, I think. However, they're not gone yet, so we'll just take each day as it comes.