Thread: Heidi Update

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Default Heidi Update

And the hits just keep on coming. After a month of treatment we retested her pancreatic numbers last week as well...normal is 200, her first test results a month ago were 937. Not only aren't her numbers down, they've increased to 1460. Again, there's nothing much more we can do except treat for pain. I really wonder if there isn't a tumour in there. At any rate, she seems to be doing ok (I've been more worried about her wonky weak hind end the last few days), although she never has good and bad days any more but good and bad bits of the day. So all we can do is take it day by day and be prepared for what's coming...as much as one can be. A crappy crappy day all round.
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Oh, that sucks. Rayz for you all ~~~

I did call a patient today I'd last talked to in February (he's on one of the new anticoagulants); at the time he said they thought he had pancreatic cancer. I was happy to see he got his labs done and is still around. So they decided it must be benign. Maybe Heidi's is too. Pt is doing better with addition of enzyme supplements.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

That's interesting, Kim. My sister has been living with chronic pancreatitis for the last 25 years, and she's been using those enzymes for years. But the disease is progressive and incredibly painful, sadly. There is a version of the enzymes for animals called PankAid. I tried it with Heidi, but it made her horribly sick...vomiting and diarrhea. So not really an option.
    Paula & Buster

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

I'm so sorry, Paula. Sometimes dealing with these little guys just sucks.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

I really wanted a good update :( I learned with Pogo, if they are eating, and sniffing, they are still enjoying life. I think it was you that told me, I would know when it was time. Honestly, I didn't believe you. But you were right as you are whenever I ask your advice. Sending you oodles of love.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

I tried tha Pankaid again tonight plus some cerenia...less pain, but then again she's so stoned who can tell? Thanks guys...this is why I come home to here.
    Paula & Buster

Thanks

Maybe that will settle things down. Poor little Pookie.

Kim & the Girls

Thanks

She doesn't react at all well to it. Used it again with her b'fast and her tummy was really upset Took her a long time to settle down. But I came back home after being in the office for a couple of hours and she was quite bouncy. It's just when she eats that she's unhappy. I had to convince her to eat her b'fast this morning. So not eating = feeling better, but of course she can't not eat! I've got a call in to Barry to discuss putting her back on the prednisone. And that's about all we can do. Making decisions would be a damned sight easier if she was just sick all the time, and not doing her happy dance for a couple of hours midday! This is not easy.....
    Paula & Buster

Thanks

Not easy. The pred sounds like a good idea!! That she is bouncy at any point of the day is awesome. IDK the answer, can she do a fluid pack for a week or so while her pancreas heals? I guess not if it is a tumour :(

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

Bouncy is good! I'd definitely go for bouncy.

I wouldn't mind waking up some day and feeling bouncy, myself...

Kim & the Girls