Hybrid View

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Default That dog is going to be the death of me!!!

Just got back from the vet...was in the bathroom, thinking Alex was asleep in bed, when I hear a great crashing and banging down the stairs. (I'm living in my friend's basement until the house closes next week). I have a gate across the bottom of the stairs so that Alex can't indulge in any unauthorized stairage (her back end ain't great cuz of the bone spurs on her hips and vertebrae). The little dickens managed to get it shifted enough for her to get through and start climbing!!! However, because her back legs don't always know where they're meant to be, she got about 3/4s of the way up, slipped, and fell down them, landing in a heap at the bottom. Talk about heart in mouth! Fortunately, Laura (my vet) had time to see her, and only lives about 3 minutes from here. So rushed her over, and the end result wasn't too bad...she's got a swollen back left hip, a mildly sprained right front "wrist" and a pretty bruised right side. Unfortunately, because of her liver/gall bladder issues, plus the 8 other medications she's on, I can't give her any pain meds, just icing and lots of lovin's. She's doing fine, but a bit subdued and NOW she's asleep in bed. *whew* It could have been SO much worse!!!!!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

AArrggg don't know whether to smack em or kiss em!! that she gets better fast!! Big hugs for a shaken up Mama!!
    Sandi
    Sandi aka Mama S aka keeper of da herd and da Popsicle flavor list AND Nana to Sean, Mykaylyn, Emma, Baylee, Eli, and Bryce and Mama to da brat, da boy and Brooke!

Thanks

Oh NO, Miss Alex...what are you doing girly??? Paula, you must have been terrified. Lots of rayz for Alex please let us know how she does. I guess she will be stiff tomorrow.

to you too.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Nancy Guest

Hey Alex, mom's got enough going on right now!!!

Here's some healing/stay out of trouble 's for you!

Thanks

:holyshp: Deep breath mom.... I know you must have been terrified!!! I think the both of you should curl up in front of the TV and take it easy! Lots of headed her way!
    Linsey, Bailey, and Piper

Thanks

Aw the poor sweetie. Here are some : for her

Thanks

O gosh you must have been scared to death. I'm so glad she's pretty much ok...poor baby.... for you both!
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Jen Guest

Naughty Alex!! Giving mom such a scare. Glad she's ok, if a little banged up. Can't stop a stubborn girl I guess!

Thanks

I have also learned recently that doxie girls are sometime unstopable. Ruby who isn't supposed to do much walking was feeling much better (which I didn't know at the time) and decided to come down a flight of stairs. :faint:

Here are some feel better 's for Miz. Alex and for you.
    ~Shonda, Jackson, Daphne (Mitzi Moo, Dudley, Lily Bug, Buddy and Charlie see you my sweet pups on the Rainbow Bridge)

http://www.goodsearch.com Help CCDR raise funds. Put Coast To Coast Dachshund Rescue in the "Who do you Goodsearch for" box and hit verify. Then search away!![/COLOR]