It's been stinking hot and humid here the last few days, and really hard on the dogs. I was in meetings all day in the next town over so didn't get home for lunch today and when I got home around 3 the kitchen was covered in vomit and diarrhea. (Sorry...) Heidi was nonresponsive at first, and I thought maybe heat stroke despite the fan in front of their spot in the kitchen, but she wasn't panting at all. I got her into tepid water to bring her body temp down and put her back in front of the fan while I called the vet. They said to bring her right in...this is my emergency vet about an hour away, not Barry who is 2 hours away. She'd perked up by the time we got there, no doubt the air conditioned car. But there was still lots going on so Jacinta did bloods and we got Barry's to send her last set to compare. Not good. Not good at all. My little girl is in kidney failure. They've got less than 20% function. They gave me some subQ fluids and sent me home with a bag of Ringers lactate to give her some every 2 to 3 days, depending on how she does. This is exactly how it went with Jules. Jacinta of course wouldn't say exactly how long, but says it's days or weeks, not months. My poor poor little old lady. Ferk is waiting for her...what a happy reunion that will be. My only small glimmer of comfort.