Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default All I want for Christmas is NOT back trouble...

Savannah is “off” again tonight. She looks bloated, she’s licking her lips and yawning more than usual and won’t get up on the furniture.

Did not come racing out of her crate - I knew it in my gut! Gave her a dose of meloxicam and we are watching tv from a pallet in the floor. Sutton tried to pick her up and put her in the recliner with me but she acted like it was hurting her so he didn’t.

I’m gonna need some rayz, LadiesandRafi.
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks

Oh no!! Follow that gut. If you have a place near you that does laser therapy, I can't recommend that enough. Sending your baby girl ALL the rayz.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Geez, Grasshopper, you're going to turn your mother grey!!! I'm with Lisa...yes, a visit to Brian is in order! It's not common for dachsies to bloat, but also not unheard of cuz they have the deep chest, thinner abdomen profile most prone to it
    Lip licking is a sure sign of pain. Could indeed be her back. Poor girly, and poor mom. Send a ton of and . Let us know how she does, ok? Did the pee thing get sorted?
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Now I wonder if it’s her anals. Terrible funk and she’s trying to get at them. Holding herself funny.

We just went out to potty and came back in and she’s not right.

Brian does laser therapy, thank goodness. I am not going to the office first thing tomorrow, as i have to go the opposite direction for a presentation, so I think I’ll run her out there to get checked out first thing and go back by when I get back from that appointment.

Y’all I have the shakes, and am trying not to let her know I’m freaking slick out but I am.

Thanks

is she straining to poop at all, Rae? But nothing's happening? If yes, that's a classic sign of bloat and a medical emergency. Glad you're going to get her in. Please check in after he's taken look at her, ok? Poor little girl, and poor mom. Sending TONS of and . holding you both close right now.
    Paula & Buster

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

How is she doing this morning, Rae? More rayz.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

(Not so) patiently waiting......
    Paula & Buster

Thanks

sorry for the delay, LadiesAndRafi. We were at Brian's this morning when he opened at 7:30 and he was expecting us. He did an exam and said he thinks it could be a pulled muscle. He said it's definitely not vertebrae in her neck, because she has full range of motion and no resistance, plus tail wags and sloppy kisses.

He was glad I gave her the NSAID last night and prescribed that for 10 days, with .... why, yes. Yes he DID say CRATE REST. He said it could be the beginning of something in her back but to start with conservative treatment and IF she gets worse get her in ASAP fasting for Xrays, and if she is not much better by Monday to come back Tuesday morning fasting for x-rays.

then. Then he told me to get ahold of myself, that I am a great dogmom, and if I had called him last night he would have been glad to meet me at the clinic and would have prescribed the same thing. He manipulated her around pretty well, and she never yelped or anything. He said she didn't appear to have any neural issues, and on the chance that it IS her back, crate rest and NSAID is the best thing for now.

Thankful for Tracy (Red Haired Girl) and Kim (Oceangirls) who FB messaged with me last night and this morning... and in my prayers this morning I was thankful that Duchie led me to you all so many years ago.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alex's Mom View Post
    is she straining to poop at all, Rae? But nothing's happening? If yes, that's a classic sign of bloat and a medical emergency. Glad you're going to get her in. Please check in after he's taken look at her, ok? Poor little girl, and poor mom. Sending TONS of and . holding you both close right now.

Paula he said he thinks she was just holding herself funny. It was dark when she was pooping and I didn't think to check for evidence. By this morning she was looking like her normal self again.

HOW DO PEOPLE HAVE CHILDREN? I cannot imagine loving another being the way I love this little girl, and the Duchess before her. I have a friend whose son and his wife lost an infant. I cannot imagine the agony they have been through, and it never goes away. My mom says that women, especially, who don't have children transfer all that love to dogs and cats (and horses)... And I have never really known my mama to be wrong.

Thanks for all the love and magical DLC Rayz.

Thanks

The largest *phew* possible. SO relieved to read this post. Tons more Of course you're the best mom ever. Never apologize for being overly concerned. Better that than the alternative...
    Paula & Buster