Thanks

Default Errors in potty judgment

Savannah was doing great! At seven, she would NEVER pee in the house, and (TMI) if she had to poop she’d eat most of it to hide the evidence.

She’s seven so ok, maybe she can’t hold it all night anymore? Has started peeing in the bathroom at night. Not every night, but too many. Carpet.

Won’t pee on the washable rug, nooooooooo ma’am!

So I bought some potty pads to put down in her pee spot at night. She peed on the other side of it the first night. So I used it to sop up the pee so it would smell right. Second night she peed on the rug, also not on the pad.

Last night she peed NOT ON THE PAD, NOT ON THE RUG.

I’m used to “potty outside” dogs - help! Take up the water in the evenings?
    Take her to Brian to check for UTI?
    Set alarm for the middle of the night to take her out to go potty?? (I'd rather not...)
    Last edited by Rae; 11-05-2019 at 04:46 PM.
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Get her to Brian ASAP. That kind of sudden change in potty habits usually means something's going on. I don't know about a UTI if it's just happening at night, not during the day, but it could be kidneys or liver too. Then it becomes a habit, even when problem solved (yes, Heidi, I'm looking at YOU!! ) and there you are. So appointment. Today. And it's sorted soon. Antipee coming at ya!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alex's Mom View Post
    Get her to Brian ASAP. That kind of sudden change in potty habits usually means something's going on. I don't know about a UTI if it's just happening at night, not during the day, but it could be kidneys or liver too. Then it becomes a habit, even when problem solved (yes, Heidi, I'm looking at YOU!! ) and there you are. So appointment. Today. And it's sorted soon. Antipee coming at ya!
    Paula, can they cath her to get a sample to check for a UTI or do I need to follow her around with a very small soup ladle?
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Sorry I missed this Rae. No, they can get a sample from her bladder, although the one first thing in the morning(I used a lid from a yogurt or margarine container...they dont need a whole lot) is best if at all possible.
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."