Ft. Myers, Fl Home to hurricanes,..storms, not the teams
    Thanks

Default This just ticks me off!!

I keep an eye on the animal shelter website here, and I know that this pup was put up for adoption not that long ago, and he was adopted out. So tell me, what the heck is he doing back in the lost pets section again? He has been there since the 4th of May. Yeah, I am sure it is the same one...look at the date on the photo...it is from March. How could I forget a sweetie like him? I think it is time for one of the Florida rescues to go in and get him. Apparently his new "parents" aren't too worried.

Last edited by Jacqueline; 05-09-2006 at 01:33 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jacqueline
    I keep an eye on the animal shelter website here, and I know that this pup was put up for adoption not that long ago, and he was adopted out. So tell me, what the heck is he doing back in the lost pets section again? He has been there since the 4th of May. Yeah, I am sure it is the same one...look at the date on the photo...it is from March. How could I forget a sweetie like him? I think it is time for one of the Florida rescues to go in and get him. Apparently his new "parents" aren't too worried.

This is Poor baby, possibly the new home wasn't too happy with him and brought him back. I hope one of the rescues will step in and save him.
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks

So it is not just something they didn't clear off their website....the people lost the dachsie that quick??

Where in Florida is this shelter?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Poor baby! I hope a rescue does get him. Doesn't look like the shelter's adoption system worked very well.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Here's a few of the Florida rescues.
    Maybe drop someone a line or give a call.
    Unless someone on the forum speaks up first
    as being involved in one of the rescues.

http://fldr.org
    http://www.almosthomerescue.org/cont...tecontacts.htm
    http://www.daretorescue.com/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    So it is not just something they didn't clear off their website....the people lost the dachsie that quick??

Where in Florida is this shelter?
    This is the Lee County shelter, and it isn't just an old one....he is back in. I thought maybe the two of them, him and the two year old girl were adopted together. I really hate to see this. How hard can it be to keep track of a 13 year old?

Quote Originally Posted by Lotsadox
    Poor baby! I hope a rescue does get him. Doesn't look like the shelter's adoption system worked very well.
    This is the first time I have seen one come back in like this. I hope it is the last time

Thanks

That is so sad. That little face... I don't understand people sometimes... I hope he's been picked up??
    Kelli (Hoomom to Bella & Cooper)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bella's Mom
    That is so sad. That little face... I don't understand people sometimes... I hope he's been picked up??

I checked for Mikey, and he isn't there, and hasn't moved to adoptions. Hopefully, his new parents picked him up again....GOT A HUGE LECTURE!!!!!....and will take better care of him. Really, I have a couple wild heathens here.....and neither of them have managed to escape, and trust me, they can outrun me any day of the week. How hard can it be to keep watch over a 13 year old??

I see there is a black female in there now, and a jack russell doxy mix. I guess it really is a good thing dh laid down the law about only having two, or you wouldn't be able to walk thru here.

Thanks

I hope the little lost one stays UN-lost for a very long time. You just can't trust hoomons can you....this is why God created dog!
    Tex, loyal servant to...

-----Julie----&------Jax------

Thanks

This is really messed up! I can' t figure out why people can' t take care of dogs! Dogs are the most wonderful thing on Earth! It makes me mad to hear of them being mistreated!
    ShadowReesee, Lil' Smokey and Sassy