Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Sebastian update

Thought I'd send an update on Sebastian. He's still with us, thankfully. He has good days and bad days. I've been giving him rice loaded with vitamins as well as nutri-cal. I also gave him a good tooth brushing last night with listerine and a electric toothbrush. Man that dog has some raunchy breath. LOL. His teeth are in bad shape, but I guess for his age it's to be expected. He had a dental last year, but they weren't able to keep him under for long b/c of his age and b/c he has cancer.

Today I got him som Natural Choice for high-energy dogs, which I figure must be LOADED with calories. I mixed that with rice and nutrical. He scarffed it down! So far no upset tummy. Right now he's curled up on the floor next to Miguel. He seems more alert. I know I'm probably fighting a loosing battle, but I'm not giving up until he does. He's put on about 1/2 pound, which is great! I'm going to brush his teeth everyother day and spray his mouth out with some Petrodex that fights bacteria in the mouth and heals irritated gums.

I can tell that he's getting sort of senile. He doesn't "herd" us any more, and I can't believe how much I miss that.

He's a good boy, so please keep him in your prayers. I've gotten so much closer to him these last few weeks.

Thanks

Thanks

thanks for the update, I saw your pic of him and Ryan and wondered how they were doing :muchlove:

rayz for your boy
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

Thank you for the update. I'm happy to hear Sebastian is holding is own, I'm sending many healing and :pray:ers to your little man. Congrats on his gaining 1/2 pound.
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AgileOllie
    Right now he's curled up on the floor next to Miguel. He seems more alert. I know I'm probably fighting a loosing battle, but I'm not giving up until he does.
    The mark of a great parent! As much as possible, enjoy these days...they'll give you great comfort when the inevitable impossible happens. I know it made me feel better knowing that I had done everything possible to give Maxe as good quality of life as possible until she was ready to cross. for you and Miguel, and for Sebastian!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Nancy Guest

Lot's of for the little man!! Congrat's on the 1/2 pnd. weight gain as well.

Thanks

Thanks for the update!

I am so glad he is still with us. It seems that he has a fighting spirit, too, and that's the most important thing. As long as he has that, I am sure that he won';t give up and will be around for awhile longer.

Jen Guest

Glad to hear Seb is holding his own! The weight gain is fantastic.

Thanks

Here are some rays for him.
    Mom to Gunner and Petunia.
    Always in out hearts--Sir Cedric Waggles-bassett hound

Thanks

Thanks for the update. I was thinking about Sebastian today. :hearts: :hearts:

Sending Seb all the he needs!

Sending you and Miguel the Biggest hug ever!

He will be in my thoughts and :pray:ers

Thanks

Sebastian could not have found a better home than yours...I know you have loved him and taken excellent care of him......you are a wonderful mom to all of your furkids...and fosters :angel7: :angel7: :angel7:
    Ann-Marie and Lulu
    Shelby , Yogi , Sophie & Lucy

Saving just one dog won't change the world...but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    Unknown