Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Harold needs rayz!!! (kinda long)

Harold has been sneezing for two weeks now! Actually started the moment we got home from that awful Dog and Baby Buffet in Hollywood. I called the vet last week. They asked if his energy and/or appetite was off. I said no. They said it may be allergies and to give it a while longer. So I did. Everything seems normal except the runny nose and sneezing. so I took him in. They think he may have a mild case of Canine flu. but that is not really the bad news...The vet said his heart murmur was MUCH worse and he was shocked at how bad it is.

Here is the strange coincedence. When I was at the Dog thing in Hollywood, as I mentioned in earlier posts, there was an amazing animal communicator there. but she is different as she used shamanism to assist in healing, etc. (www.spirithealer.com) When the crowds died down, I took Harold over to see her. The first thing out of her mouth (without me telling her anything) was that he had heart problems and it was now bothering him because he could feel it. He can feel his enlarged heart because it beats so hard .It wakes him up sometimes. She did a healing for him, to help him with it, but said that it will not "get better". She said he had at least three more seasons with us.

I guess my distress is that the worsening of his heart was confirmed by the vet today and of course, I know that it will eventually kill him. I know that he is 16 and death comes to us all.

But it is a little closer in my reality today....so I am saddened, terrified to lose him, and dreading the inevitable.

So I am asking for Rays to help Harold feel better (his flu) and rayz for his enlarged (and lovable) heart.

Laura
    Laura
    http://www.dogdialogues.com
    "I live in a cartoon"

Thanks

for Harold and and for you. Treasure how ever many seasons you have left with him!
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

Prayers for you and Harold. I know how tough it is to have to think about the inevitable. You're in my thoughts.

Thanks

I'm sorry, Laura! We tell ourselves that we accept they will not be with us for very long, but when it is staring you in the face, it doesn't matter how prepared you thought you were :( But it sounds like he is a tough little guy and not going anywhere anytime soon! Give him a hug from us.

rayz and hugs
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

for your little man!!! I hope he is better (from the flu) and that his little ticker keeps ticking for a long time!!!:hearts:
    Tracy, Mr. Butters, Rigby, Ariana Marie & Isabella Charlotte

Thanks

:pray: :pray: :pray:

Thanks

's for the flu and for his poor heart.
    ~Shonda, Jackson, Daphne (Mitzi Moo, Dudley, Lily Bug, Buddy and Charlie see you my sweet pups on the Rainbow Bridge)

http://www.goodsearch.com Help CCDR raise funds. Put Coast To Coast Dachshund Rescue in the "Who do you Goodsearch for" box and hit verify. Then search away!![/COLOR]

Thanks

I am so sorry to hear about Harold.....We will keep you both in our thoughts....these times are sooo hard when our puppers can't tell us how they feel.

Thanks

I am sorry about Harold. It's interesting the animal communicator said he had heart problems. Hopefully you will find the right combo of meds to give him quality of life.
    Sending mega DLC healing and :pray:ers to Harold. He will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks

Oh Laura!! I can somewhat feel your pain right now. Going through the "waiting game" til we can get the second opinion for Heidi has made me start thinking about the "inevitable" as well. You are in my htoughts and :pray:ers. Lots and lots of for Harold!!
    Becca and always in my heart Heidi and Buddy