Thanks

Default Pork raw? Liver?

Yes they mainly get yogurt and pumpkin as "fillers" But I'm shying more and more away from their alpo diets and leaning more towards raw stuff. I worry about them getting worms?? And if I wanted to let them have a raw and bag mix, how much raw should I give? I know this could potentially be a simple question with complicated answers. I am making pork stew and wondered about the trim stuff?? :confused: Can they have some of it? Pork bones?? or just beef? I know that raw turkey and chicken are common, seen the pics Advice??
    PUPPEN DEWEY

Thanks

Courtney is one of the best to answer the raw questions. I feed raw too, but use the premix because I am lazy!

This is what we feed - Nature's Variety

Pixel weights 11 lbs and he gets 2 (1oz) medellions for breakfast and 2 for lunch. I do know that you should not feed kibble and raw at the same time because dogs digest them at different rates. By that it would be okay to serve one for breakfast and the other for dinner but not a little kibble and a little raw for breakfast.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

I'm tired so bear with me if I don't answer all your questions LOL.

Worms - not a concern at all. How would they get worms from raw meat!? If you're thinking of pork, again it is not a concern. In USDA human grade meat it's just not an issue. Plus pork is frozen before it gets on the store shelves.

Raw myths rebutted here: http://www.rawfed.com/myths/index.html

and here: http://www.geocities.com/havens_home/excuses.htm

If you want to add raw meat to their kibble that is fine, but make sure it is boneless. Not a good idea to mix raw bones and kibble. As far as pork they can eat just about any part of the pig! The raw fat is not too fatty for them, dogs use fat differently than we do.

More ideas: http://dogaware.com.hosting.domaindi...g.html#addfood

Thanks

Fabulous! So I can give them maybe some in the morning Instead of kibble for breakfast or in addition? maybe cut some kibble and add some pork trimmings?? I saved the trim and bones from the pork steak and it came out of my freezer and before that from a store.
    Thanks So much for the help. I always have trims and such but never even Thought about giving it to them.
    PUPPEN DEWEY