Thanks

Default Food Related Story

This one is on Sukie...Lisa's No No foods reminded me of this...not sure if it belongs here though....but here it is.

When Sukie was 2 months old (a week after we brought her home) it was Halloween. We lived in the country and the kids were still really little (son was 4 daughter 3) we went trick or treating and then came home and warmed up. Went through their treats then got coats on to go out to my parents house (2 miles away). When we got home we walked in to the most Horrific sight! Candy wrappers Everywhere!!! They left their bags on the sofa and I TOLD them to, I never Dreamed that Sukie being so little at the time could Ever EVER get to them...but she did! she must have ate at least 30 chocolate bars Plus various Other goodies! Of course the kids thought Nothing of Sukies health, being just babies them selves, they were to busy bawling over their losses, I on the other hand was bawling over Sukie, I just KNEW she was going to be very very sick and die. At the time I didn't have any way to call a vet Soooo I stayed up all night with her, Watching, Waiting Waking her every few minutes and that made her a very grumpy puppy. You know what? She never got sick in any way shape or form. Nothing. And now as I have said before she is 16 years old.

We had a decon incident at my mothers, she set it in the shed and Sukie got in and ate some. It was on Easter morning 1990 when she was Out of Nowhere bleeding from her nose. I was SO scared!!! At that time we were in a town and our vet was only a few minutes away. So I called and told the vet what was happening and rushed her in. If I recall right she gave her a series of Vitamin K shots, put her on an IV and kept her for a couple of days. Then she was all better.:banana: :cheer2: Kudos to the vet! Not only for saving Sukies Life, but for doing it on Easter Sunday Morning!! Dedication to the Animals is a quality in a vet that I look for.

Lesson I learned...NEVER underestimate the abilities of a Puppy or Dog or any animal really...They can Accomplish ANYTHING they set their minds to.
    PUPPEN DEWEY

Thanks

Yeah and never underestimate kids leaving things out!!!!!! When I was little I left a bag of chocolate chips on a chair (yes, I was eating chocolate chips, shut up) and our dachshund Theo got into them. As I recall he just vomited a lot and was OK. I would imagine my parents at least called the vet but I do not know!! I am glad both our pups turned out OK! :D

Thanks

So am i, and KIDS and PUPPIES are sooooo much a like! Will eat anything and go to Extremes to get what they want
    PUPPEN DEWEY

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney
    When I was little I left a bag of chocolate chips on a chair (yes, I was eating chocolate chips, shut up)
    How Rude!

That's noting these days Courtney.....My kids eat Cookie Dough! :vomit::faint:
    As long as you weren't eating Buffalo chips! :lol:

Thanks

Sukie must have 9 lives she is one lucky little dog. :hearts:
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks

When I was 12, my cocker spaniel got into my closet and ate my whole bag of Halloween candy (sticks and wrappers too). So much for my last trick or treating experience:mad: . Shelly suffered no ill effects and I am sure was quite proud of herself.

didn't know Sukie was 16. She is a lovely girl
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel