Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

This reminds me of Alex's one and only hunting attempt...which was quite accidental. The house we were living in then had a huge fenced in dog run which opened from the garage. I let her out to do her thing, she shot off the step, made a dive, I heard a squeak and when the dust settled, she had a (now dead, thank goodness!) mouse in her jaws. The funny thing was that judging by the look on her face she had absolutely no idea what to do with it...I'm not even sure she knew what she'd done, just that the instincts kicked in. I dashed back into the house, grabbed a treat, and she quite happily traded dead icky mouse for yummy treat. Hunter wanna be, maybe?

Paula & Alex

FL030+ Guest

Default Recipe for Snickers

Rabbit Fricassee:
    In a large saucepan, heat the oil and brown the rabbit on both sides. Add onions, peppers, and garlic, and saute for 10 minutes. Add paprika, bay leaves, oregano, tomatoes, sherry, and chicken stock. Cook for 1 hour. Add potatoes, capers, and dried cherries. Cook for 1 more hour, or until potatoes are tender. Serve and garnish with sweet peas and parsley.

Snickers may wish to omit the onions and spices in light of the health concerns.

Quite a nice catch, but I think it would freak me out too ...

Note : May also be tried with Squirrel, Lizard, Mouse or any other readily available fun-to-catch critter.

Thanks

OOHH that poor bunny.
    Mom to Gunner and Petunia.
    Always in out hearts--Sir Cedric Waggles-bassett hound