Thanks

Default Sam Give Me My Sleeve Back

Arrgggg - all of a sudden Sam has started this grab the end of my sleeve thing when I get home at night. I try not to fuss, take my sleeve - tell him NO then kisses when he let's go. OK, maybe I've made a game of it? I'm afraid he's going to ruin something by the grab and tug game. He just turned 8 months - this is brand new behavior that only happens when I first get home. :help:
    Sandi
    Sandi aka Mama S aka keeper of da herd and da Popsicle flavor list AND Nana to Sean, Mykaylyn, Emma, Baylee, Eli, and Bryce and Mama to da brat, da boy and Brooke!

Thanks

Hmm..the only thing I can think of is to keep your sleeves up high when you first walk in the door, then do "The Dog Listener" thing and ignore him (and all others) when you walk in for a few minutes. Mary will probably have better tips for you. I hope you find something that works!
    Linsey, Bailey, and Piper

Thanks

I am no help; Cassie is a little freak show when I first get home and it is hard to ignore her and simultaneously pay attention to her better-behaved sister. But sending sympathy!! :D
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

Sounds like a job for Mary. Hmmm but is there leftovers from lunch on your sleeves?
    Karen - Proud Hoomom to Bella "Snooter" Boo & The Professor Buster Brown

Jen Guest

I think we pick up more smells on our sleeve cuffs as they're closer to our hands...I think ignoring them all till you change clothes might work....is that possible with 8 dogs? Take off your shirt after you come in the door?

Thanks

This is a "dog whisperer" thing... Right before you walk in the house, have your purse and/or briefcase secure in one arm up high and your key or open hand in the other. As soon as you open that door, DO NOT look down at all...not even to see who's there, do not move (except to turn your back to them as needed) if there are fire ants crawling over your toes! Make sure your elbows are bent, hands held high and a simple hello to hubby and NOTHING for the dogs. Talk to hubby about this and see if he can run a bit of energy off of them all about 1/2 hr before you get home....then understand why you just grunt at him as you walk by. DO NOT touch, look at, nor play with your dogs until they have ALL calmed down...and with 8, you better hope it doesn't take that long!

Oh, and NEVER is he to say: "Is mama coming home?" or "Mom's home gang." or anything that signals them to be beasts and not your dogs. Give them 15 minutes of ignoring and then they should be better.

If you live alone or get home first, let me know and we can fiddle with this until it works.....
    mary, isobel, L J, sara peanut "butters", noah (all lh red-ish dachsies); quincy and sophie (pit bulls); duncan (lab/shep/chow); kasey (aussie shep/collie) and maia: aka...Po (mastiff)