Thanks

Default Attack of the 10 lb mini!

Ilsa has begun getting more and more territorial lately and has actually attacked our current foster Sheltie, Gracie. Gracie is very young, probably under a year old and always right in her face. Granted Ilsa was chewing a rawhide and she maybe thought Gracie wanted it but I can't have her attacking other dogs or people!
    She also attacked a dachsie who was visiting for a meetup at our house. I wasn't surprised when she went after Molly(the dachsie) since she was protecting her home but she has had other run ins on other occasions with Molly at other venues. I have had other dachsies over the years but none of them have had this 'gotta get at em" thing going. She is a mini so maybe her size is part of it? What is the best way to stop this?:mad:
    Last edited by SusanF; 12-19-2005 at 07:38 PM. Reason: two submissions the same

Thanks

Sounds like Isla has promoted herself to "leader" in your household and must be demoted. Perhaps back to obedience training 101. I'm sure Mary will be able to advise you much better than I. We had a problem with Trixie taking over and had to call in a Pet Behaviorist to work it out. Good luck!
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks

I agree with Patt. Little Ilsa believes that she is the Alpha of the house. Pretty much what Sophie thinks she is here!

I now feed Casey first, let him out for a walk first. Sophie needs to sit and wait for her food. Today will be her last day at Training School I quite enjoyed it, this time around!

I'm sure Mary will have a better solution for you. But, until then.....Treat her like the bottom dog instead of the Top dog.