Thread: Ack!! Snake!!

Thanks

Default Ack!! Snake!!

Yesterday it was raining - hard. It finally let up for a few minutes so I decided to let the dogs out to potty before it started again. They were NOT happy about going out. I was pushing and shoving trying to get everyone out when I happened to look off the porch, just to my left. There was a SNAKE! I am NOT afraid of snakes at all, but for some reason it really startled me. I started grabbing puppers by ears, tails and even daddy parts trying to get them back in the house. I wasn't sure what type it was, and I didn't want to take any chances. I ran back out with my camera and I'm pretty sure he was a king snake. Anyway- here he is. He's pretty long, about 3 feet or so I guess.

Thanks

King snakes are "good" snakes. They kill rattle snakes and eat rodents.
    The ones I have seen in my area are black and white. But I understand they comes in varying colors, brown, white, cream, yellow or all black, it depends on the region you live in.
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Jen Guest

Pine snake? Not sure what you have where you live but probably a harmless snake--good for killing rodents!

Grabbing puppers by the daddy parts?

Thanks

Whoa!!! I don't mind snakes, but if they're in a safe place- like with their owners/trainers! I don't think I'd be happy finding one in my yard!

We NEVER see snakes here (duh- it's a big city) but one day when I was a kid, I went to my bus stop and there was a big, white, dead snake! I showed my parents and they called the museum of science- turns out it was a rare find- an albino milk snake. They kept it and wrote that it was discovered by Tracy Fitzery. :D That was really, really cool for a ten year old!
    Tracy, Mr. Butters, Rigby, Ariana Marie & Isabella Charlotte

Thanks

OMG I am NOT a fan of snakes...of any kind, anywhere!!!!

And I have to agree......"grabbing pups by the daddy parts?!" Too funny
    Tex, loyal servant to...

-----Julie----&------Jax------

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

I don't know a lot about snakes. Mostly I leave snakes to the dh. Karen can attest to the fact that they're quite common here. We had one in the garage that the dh had to kill the night she came to visit us! :scared1:

Anyway, I had a copperhead in my back yard once and the dogs were circling it trying to attack it. I got everyone inside and got a shovel with a long handle to go back out and whack it. Of course, by the time I got back out there, it was gone! :duh: I spend the next couple weeks looking for it every time I opened the back door. I was sure it was out there waiting for me :spy: to come out so it could get me. :eek:
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Snakes are mostly good!
    Laura
    http://www.dogdialogues.com
    "I live in a cartoon"

Thanks

Found out that he is a spotted king snake and is a good snake. He kills other snakes and rodents. We'll let him stay LOL. They don't have fangs- just teeth.