Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Thanks Tonya, I was just curious. I Have no problem w/ the amounts IF we weregoing to get another, it just seemed odd, which is why I was asking. I am trying to convince hubby to get another one or two, but he wants to wait and see if I will ever be able to have kids before he makes his 'final' decicion. I told him that I take complete care of the dogs now all he add is some money and love, but I will wait till one just stops my heart I fall so hard. Thanks again for aswering my question. Brooke
    [I]Brooke & Barkly Ween angel pups Jake an Oscar♡

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

I just looked at the SSDR site and Sophie is 13 yo. It's very difficult to adopt out 13 yo dogs. I adopted Sweetums because I didn't think anyone else would and I wanted her to have a real home for her last years (she was 13 when I picked her up). The other dog was 10. It could be the same reason. It's very hard to adopt out older dogs. They would probably be happy just to have these dogs placed in a loving home. Some rescues charge more for younger dogs because they know there will be more demand and all rescues lack funds so they try to make as much as they can on the desirable dogs. While this might not sound ethical to you, you have to realize that usually the people running the rescue are funding most of it out of their own pockets. This can amount to thousands of $$$ each year. They need to make as much as they can on the desirable dogs because they never have enough money.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Donations vice a set fee;

In our own way DRNA does the same thing. Every year the monthy of June is DRNA Sancutary Month. We will place a senior dog in an approved home for no fee. The seniors are so hard to place and sometimes this extra "push" really helps them find homes.
    Yolanda and the FurCrew.

" .... It takes a village ....."