Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Thanks for the rays!! Actually, the saw hasn't been run since!! But in true too-smart-for-their-own-good dachsie fashion, once she realized that she could get up the stairs, she saw no reason not to!! The mattress is covered with crib pads that a friend of mine who's a nurse in the local pediatric ICU gave me...heavy quilted cotton with a rubber backing. Sadly, Alex likes to burrow (big surprise!) so putting anything on top of the sheets, or even on the bottom sheet, just won't do it. However, I think the slotted stair system might do the trick...tomorrow is the test!!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Jen Guest

We have a zippered vinyl mattress encasing (bedbug worries at our old building)--you could try that under a mattress pad or two.

I second the indoor xpen idea.

Good luck!

Thanks

Oohh Geeze, Paula!! My little niece is going nuts!!!:duh: :duh: :duh: I would have said it was the treats I sent her for CIJ, but I didn't end up sending them- ya you know why?? I hope you get the problem solved cuz I don't want my little HONEY gettin hurt. Give her big smoochies from us, and let her know that Auntie Lisa doesn't approve of her taking such big risks at her age!!!

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: you girls!!!
    Willie and Clover!!! Ozzie

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

update...I am happy to report the the stair slot system has her stumped!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: for Joe the wonderhandyman!!! I now have one very frustrated, but safe, little dog!!:duh: (not to mention clean sheets! ) Thanks for all the advice and sympathy everyone!!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: for Joe!!
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)