Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Jen Guest

Good memory Kim. Tasha's former owner's mom was very kind to her, and she has an older lady fixation because of this I believe. We did have problems with an older lady (late 70s, early 80s), about a year ago, as it upset Tasha so much to leave after we met her on walkies, and the lady was picking her up in ways that were not back friendly--but the only way she could given her age, but it was right before the first back incident so I've always wondered.

Tasha chases after the over 60 ladies all the time!

Thanks

Buddy does the same thing when ANYONE comes over!! Heidi does it to an extent but she usually runs, grabs a nylabone and gnaws at it like its alive and she's trying to kill it...which is good b/c I'd rather her get the bone than gnaw on somoene's hand!! Buddy does the "roo-roo-roo" thing too and its quite pathetic...He's also infamous for the "Why don't you love me like this" face too...actually he does just about everything you all posted :rofl: He is "starving" for attention just about all the time!! When we pull into the road leading into my parents development, they go balistic cuz they know we're going to Grandma and Grandpa's! Heidi always has to bark, just once at whomever is working the guard house (its really not swanky...actually kinda dumb if ya ask me). Then they moan and cry the whole rest of the way to the house...as soon as we get there, they run off to go to the back yard and then the lovin begins!! Doesn't stop til we get in the car to go home...Buddy is notorious for the "so sleepy...but must stay awake" face...he tries SO HARD to stay awake to get as much attention as possible but he always konks out!!
    Becca and always in my heart Heidi and Buddy

Thanks

I think it's her way of communicating how happy she is seeing this lady, she loves to show how cute she is her way of showing off by 'talking' and wiggling. :D If it's annoying I guess it would be back to obedience training. We have a dog that comes to the vet clinic, he's fine with people but if he sees another dog, he continually 'talks' until they leave.
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks

Me too....... my sister (Michele) can come over and its like I never existed.... but I think ours is mostly because thats about the only person that does come over......and her dog is about the only one that she ever gets to play with the people in my neighborhood are just not dog people I guess... but she totally ignores me when my sister is around, but one night when we were all at my mom's for my brother's bday party, I left her with them (sister too) while I went to get something out of the car, and my mom said she whined and cried the whole time I was gone (which made me feel good) now I feel bad cause I got pleasure from Molly's pain..... can't win for losing :rofl:
    Jennifer:cucum: & Molly!! :rpaw:
    Throw Molly a bone:
    http://www.dogster.com/?196799
    My Space:http://www.myspace.com/jherron1278

Click the link below to keep up with DLC's 1st Hooman kid:
    http://www.babysites.com/sites/jherron1278/

Jen Guest

This am Tasha was looking for Nancy (we only run into her about once a month) and plunked down where we'd run into her yesterday and refused to move! Like she was gonna wait! Ah furkids.

And yes, my attack of low self-esteem is over. Tasha spent yesterday evening wanting to be in my lap, all snuggly--which I love--but I was trying to get some knitting done!

Thanks

Well if Tasha likes the mature ladies then she would realy like me. :rofl:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Have others noticed this with their dogs? Do they have "special" humans friends they're sooo excited to see? Since Tasha isn't a "normal" dog, this is kinda new for me.....(and yes, maybe it makes me a little jealous).[/QUOTE]

Alex is very distrustful of anyone pretty much except me. The one exception is when I take her to the vet's for her chiro. Fortunately my vet is also one of my best friends, and Alex :hearts: her chiro/massage appointments! As soon as I walk into the waiting room she's tugging towards the chiro room. I usually just let her go, but on one occasion the door was closed cuz Laura (vet) had a client before me. "Too bad" says miss Alex! "Get out of my room!" and she just kept shoving at the door with her nose until she got it open. There was a german shepherd in there and I'm not sure who was more surprised! But Alex had the funniest "Well!! the nerve!!" look on her face as I (redfaced!) :( grabbed her and closed the door again!

Paula and the determined Alex!

Thanks

Bailey only whines every once in awhile..he takes the more direct approach...a flying leap onto you!!

My parents' dachshund, Scout whines all the time for attention. If you leave him alone for 5 minutes he gives you the l@@k and whines until you pet him.
    Linsey, Bailey, and Piper

Jen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LUVMYGUNNER
    Well if Tasha likes the mature ladies then she would realy like me. :rofl:
    Tasha already loves you Auntie Irma, since you sent her such gorgeous bandanas! I wonder if she'd recognize you by scent?!

Thanks

the degree of "attention-seeking" varies. if it's someone in the park she will go and say hi (just sniff a bit and maybe wag her tail). and if it's someone she knows, like her godmother who visited wed, she won't stop jumping on her and then she rolled on her back and just very very excited, same as when she sees her trainer, she does the same thing... her eyes actually follows her around during class when she can't get to her. and she will "sit pretty" waiting to be petted and stuff. it's sort of interesting to watch. haha.
    Jen & Gigi