Thread: Well...

Thanks

Default Well...

it didn't work out with Sam.

He was so scared at the park that he clung to his mom so I suggested we take him for the night.

As time wore on, he grew more and more possessive of Sean and Scout grew more jealous.

This morning, he bit me when I gently tried to move his paw off of Sean's leg. He didn't draw blood, and I know he was just scared, but I felt he needed a time out in the crate - he tried to bite me again then.

Scout threw a fit every time Sam got affection or his leash was touched.

I just couldn't, in good conscience, say that my family was a good fit for him. He needs to be an only dog, and a friend that visited last week kept saying she wants a dog, so I'm going to see if maybe she would be interested.

Remember Sam is coming from his family and not going through rescue... His mom did say that if they couldn't find a family and rescue couldn't take him they would keep him rather than taking him to a shelter.

I know he's not a bad dog, and Scout certainly wasn't an angel... So I sent my family home with The Dog Listener and Cesar's Way so they can, someday, bring another dog into the house.
    Linsey, Bailey, and Piper

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

I'm so :sorry: that it didn't work out for Sam and your family, but it sounds like you made the best decision. Sometimes things just don't work out like we'd like them to. to you for being such a good rescue :angel7: and wanting what's best for Sam. :hearts:
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

That's sad! I'm sorry things didn't work out! I'm sure he'll find a home that will work for him, and I'm sure your parents will find the right doxie.

Would a female work with Scout?
    Tracy, Mr. Butters, Rigby, Ariana Marie & Isabella Charlotte

Thanks

Sam is such a cutie, I hope it works out with your friend. :pray: and
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks

Sorry to hear that things didn't work out. I know Sam will find the right home and your parents will find the perfect playmate for Scout!
    Tex, loyal servant to...

-----Julie----&------Jax------