Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Ya buddy, I'd be pissing and moaning, and throwing one hell of a complaint. I know this really isn't funny, but My dad came home from AZ via the United States Postal Service-1st Class,Registered, insured mail( which is scary now that I think about it huh Fluffy???) But I know he was up there laughing with me when I told people that! You should have seen the looks on their faces ! Anyway, think you should B*TCH big time!!!
    Willie and Clover!!! Ozzie

Thanks

It is kinda tacky....I'd get something better that you like and transfer the ashes. It would have been nice if you didn't have to do that but...you have her with you which is what you wanted.
    Sorry this had to add more stress and sadness to an already sad situation :(
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

Beckie brought up a good point: When DH called to inquire about having Snuggles done, the first question asked was "How much does she weigh" They price it by the weight of the animal.

Thanks

I paid $170 to cremate Rumble who was 76 lbs at the time. He came back in such an ugly wooden box. It was glued shut. It was so ugly, I couldn't believe it. But when he died, it was so sudden and both of us were so out of it. I couldn't even think about asking what it would look like or what our options are.

I ordered him a nice urn with his name on it. When it came, I took a chance and cracked the ugly box open with dh's tools. The ashes inside were just in a plastic bag.
    Olga
    Remembering my angels Sebastian and Sofie.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

I agree, it is tacky. At least we got black ceramic urns when we had our cremated. ITA, get a nice urn and transfer the ashes. Sorry you're having to deal with this on top of your loss.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

During the past 13 years or so I've had one doxie and many cats cremated using different vets in different cities. They all came back in a cedar box glued shut with a little gold lock on it. Some included a name plate others didn't, one even included a ceramic paw print, don't know if it was her paw print or not. I was just glad to get them back and just got lucky because every place put them in the same box. Maybe we should be able to pick out the urn we want them returned in.
    Save the earth. It's the only planet with dachshunds...
    Susie:duh: , Sam and Issy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anatresia
    Okay, Andrea, I'll jump on the insensitive bandwagon with you. That is pretty bad. I'm sorry. It's just... it reminds me of a tin old people would keep hard candy in, not an urn.
    WTF is that? There's probably chocochip cookies inside.
    Karen - Proud Hoomom to Bella "Snooter" Boo & The Professor Buster Brown

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Goob
    WTF is that? There's probably chocochip cookies inside.
    Hmmmm I am kind of hankering some cookies now.....

Stoopid smirky tin.

There's really not anyone to complain to. The vet techs assured me that they do a "wonderful job" and maybe if I hadn't had something better I wouldn't be so annoyed. They were so sympathetic and sincere, I'd feel like such an ass if I walked in and sat that tin down and said "You HAVE GOT TO BE SH*TTING ME!"

You guys are all right, Lizzie is LAUGHING at it from the Bridge. The look on my face must've been "priceless" when I looked in the bag. I'll find something better to put her in, something that would befit her better than an OLD Lady candy/very small cookies cat tin.

Thanks

Well, that tin DOES look more secure than that one in "Meet the Fockers".
    Karen - Proud Hoomom to Bella "Snooter" Boo & The Professor Buster Brown

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Goob
    Well, that tin DOES look more secure than that one in "Meet the Fockers".

What stage of grief is it when you can't stop laughing at the stoopid smirky cookie candy tin urn