Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default The Weens in Frankenmuth

With some Frankenmuth Dachshunds.
    Frankenmuth is this touristy town, known as Michigan's Little Bavaria....originally settled by Germans in the 1840's. Home of the famous (or infamous depending on how your feel about Christmas) Bronners, world's largest Christmas store. It's about 40 minutes from my house.
    Weens and the giant hay bale Wiener

Weens on the wienerdog fountain

And little Salsa.

Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

I want to go to Frankenmuth so bad! We passed it on our way home from Chicago, but we were way too pooped to stop. Can you bring them in the Christmas store? Cause I might bring Pixel.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa
    I want to go to Frankenmuth so bad! We passed it on our way home from Chicago, but we were way too pooped to stop. Can you bring them in the Christmas store? Cause I might bring Pixel.
    I don't think you can bring dogs in the christmas store (Bronners)...it's just FULL of breakable things...and it is so amazingly gigantic I can't even describe it. ACRES of store. And it's got all this moving stuff in it up in the ceiling...trains and moving christmas decorations. It's really over the top. It would freak out my dogs I think.
    I do take my weens to Riverplace (shopping area that is a replica of a village...it's new) and there's a store there called Raining Cats and Dogs with cool stuff...they go in there and they've been in the Peace Frog store there.

http://www.bronners.net/

and Segue

Thanks

Amy there is nothing like X-mas in Germany. I rmember the little cobble stone streets and the smell of Gingerbread coming out of all the bakery stores. I remember snow crunching under my feet as I walked to midnight mass with my grandparents. Now I don't like the cold or snow.
    Last edited by LUVMYGUNNER; 11-10-2006 at 08:36 PM.
    Mom to Gunner and Petunia.
    Always in out hearts--Sir Cedric Waggles-bassett hound

Thanks

Looks like a neat little place to visit. :D
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks

Love the pics, everyone was so good posing for them. Sounds like a great place to visit. Thanks for sharing.
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LUVMYGUNNER
    Amy there is nothing like X-mas in Germany. I rmember the little cobble stone streets and the smell of Gingerbread coming out of all the bakery stores. I remember snow crunching under my feet as I walked to midnight mas with my grandparents. Now I don't like the cold or snow.
    It sounds wonderful....although I am with you about the cold and snow.
    My German grandma always made the most wonderful christmases for us. Very very very special. She would make lebkuchen esp. for me with this hard white frosting....I loved that. She'd always make sure I got some extra to take home.

and Segue

Thanks

My grandma started baking a few weeks before X-mas and we had all these boxes of cookies all over, she always made apple strudel and a weihnachtstollen--I hold these memories very dear. I hope I made memories like that for my children
    I love Lebkuchen my mom gets it at the commisary. I also love the choco candys with liquoir in it.
    Last edited by LUVMYGUNNER; 11-10-2006 at 08:37 PM.

Thanks

Wow that is awesome. When I was a little girl in Germany we used to go to the Kristkindle Markt--It was outdoors, almost like a fleamarket, where you could buy awesome Christmas gifts-sometimes it snowed or it was just awfully cold..

Thanks

How cool! And wow, your dogs pose soooo well for pictures It took me awhile to find Salsa, though!
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel