Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LUVMYGUNNER
    Wow that is awesome. When I was a little girl in Germany we used to go to the Kristkindle Markt--It was outdoors, almost like a fleamarket, where you could buy awesome Christmas gifts-sometimes it snowed or it was just awfully cold..
    You might just like Frankenmuth...it's kinda hokey and some of the more authentic places have closed...we used to go eat at a restaurant called Franken Icht that was real german food...couldn't read the menu but it reminded me so much of my grandma (father's side...we are Herpolsheimers) I just loved going there but it closed...
    There's a replica of the chapel where "Silent Night" (Or Stille Nacht to be more accurate) was first sung, on the property at Bronners.
    I dunno why but I really just always love Frankenmuth.
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

Love the gigantic doxie and the fountain. I want to go to Frankenmuth too! We should have a small DLC meet-up there...Amy, Lisa, me, anyone else?? :D
    Tanya, Peaches & Piper Man

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya
    Love the gigantic doxie and the fountain. I want to go to Frankenmuth too! We should have a small DLC meet-up there...Amy, Lisa, me, anyone else?? :D
    I am totally in! Just let me know when and I am there.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

I'm in of course! I wonder if they are having another dachshund fest there next summer???
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

If I can make it to Ontario, I'd LOVE to come too!!! We lived in Germany for 3 years when I was a teenager, and I have wonderful memories of the big Christmas market in Nuremburg...it was incredible!!! I'd love to go back someday.
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Oooh, I want to go to Frankenmuth. I"ve got a sign from there and an advertising figurine and Miller, the clone of the Frankenmuth dachshund. I WANT TO GO TO FRANKENMUTH! :hissy:
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

OMG! First I simply adore the pictures.. Second ya'll got me crying like a school girl! My Omi always made Christmas the best! I miss her cooking sooooo much! I would KILL for an authentic "german pancake" complete with sugar or applesauce!! My one goal in life is to vist Germany during each of the seasons!! I so miss the traditions my Omi carried out every year (I miss my Omi too).
    Mama to
    Da Baby Brat Emma Caroline &
    Da Cats Max & Bandit

Thanks

WOW - a trip down memory lane with all this talk of Germans! If anyone goes to Bronners and see's the doxie ornaments that Rae got - I HAVE MONEY... They are not on the website or in their catalog (I ordered it) I wannnttt theemmm!!
    What would I kill for??? I don't know it's official name but my Mom made thie pecan nut roll thingy - it was a heavy dough with pecans sprinkled all through it - it was probably as long as a cookie sheet - she curved it then sliced across the top to open it up a bit - she would literally hide the thing in her room as we would all die for it!!
    St Nicholas Day - who put their shoe out?!
    Wonderful memories!!
    Mama
    Sandi aka Mama S aka keeper of da herd and da Popsicle flavor list AND Nana to Sean, Mykaylyn, Emma, Baylee, Eli, and Bryce and Mama to da brat, da boy and Brooke!

Thanks

We used to go to Zehnders for the chicken. And the tradition was to go to Brohner's in the middle of the summer. If you ever are in need of a beer stein with a dancing boy in leiderhosen and a girl in a drndl on it - then that's where you get them. ( or more like a glass mug)

When we used to drive up there when we were kids, on the way some church bought a sign/not quite a billboardy thing that has the picture of Jesus with the sacred heart and it says "Are you on the right road??" And my brother and I used to kid our dad to turn the car around because he must have missed the turn.

St Nicholas day we didn't have in Michigan but it was a huge deal on about December 9th-ish when we lived in Wisconsin which had a huge germen population. It was a real big deal there.