Jen Guest

Default Weird bumps on leg

Tasha has two small bumps on her left front leg. We first noticed them on vacation in NC and assumed they were bug bites. They got smaller, but one is now larger again. They don't have any color, just raised under the fur, and don't hurt her. She's going in for her annual exam in a month, so I was going to leave it till then as they're not growing fast or bothering her, but I wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Thanks

How old is Tasha? Are the bumps under the skin or on top? What kind of bumps...do they move around or are they stationary? Could be several different things...I might be able to help you more w/ answers to these Q's.
    Becca and always in my heart Heidi and Buddy

Thanks

Hard to tell, but if they are no problem to her and don't change I would think it would be okay to wait for the exam appointment. Possibly it is a bug bite like you said. Trix has had a couple of bumps but they disappeared, have no clue what they were.
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks

Becca's questions are the same ones I would ask
    All of my dogs have had some sort of a bump at one time or another... and never anything life-threatening - but it's good to check them out.
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Jen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Becca
    How old is Tasha? Are the bumps under the skin or on top? What kind of bumps...do they move around or are they stationary? Could be several different things...I might be able to help you more w/ answers to these Q's.
    Tasha will be 4 on the 10th of December. The bumps are under the skin and are stationary.

Thanks

If they don't seem to bother her, I think you would be ok to wait until the exam, however I would keep an eye on them and if there is any change, I would take her in sooner. Heidi has bumps similar to those, pretty much all over. She is an older dog, we think around 10 now...and hers are little cysts...not life threatning or anything like that. I just have to keep a close eye on them and if they start to flame up or anything I have to remove the fluid. They don't do that very often so we all luck out. She also has other bumps under her skin that move. Those are fat lumps that have sprung up due to old age. They too are not threatning however she does have one on her chest we call her human boob...that one will be coming off as it seems to have gotten bigger. None of them seem to bother her in anyway. Just keep an eye on it and keep us posted!!
    Becca and always in my heart Heidi and Buddy

Jen Guest

Thanks! Cysts or Fat lumps were what I suspected from my medical book. I'll be sure to point them out to the Vet when we go in in January.

Mikey Guest

Mini (or Max, can't remember which) has one of these on her spine, or just beside. I'm pretty sure it's a fat globule or something. I come across it when I'm petting him/her but he/she doesn't seem to care.

Now I'm wondering which of the little creatures it was. Oh well, I'll fondle them when I get home and find out.