Thread: Gillity

Thanks

Default Gillity

Deer Ebby Buddy,
    We didz da gillity agin. Me, I wuz da only one to wun on Saturday. I wuz doing da snooker. I dunno, I think I did good but nope, did not get da wibbon. Only peeple wuz clapping fer me. Da judge, he was dis berry big man and he sez wait someone gib me my GLASSES before I wuz wunning. Dat's not dat funny to me.
    We wuz doing dat USDAA gility. I gotz to jump so berry high. Higher den my head eben.
    On Sunday I wan and gotz a blue wibbon. Mr. Owen Weenie, him wuz sick and coudln't wun berry good. Poor Owen.
    Laika wan too. She gotza blue wibbon too.
    Toots, he is our fwend and our mom wan him too. He gotz to wun FIVE times. He gotz FOUR wibbons!
    Den my mom wan a berry big dog name of Nessie. I use ta lib at hiz house. He gotz a wibbon too!
    We had so berry many tweets and stayed at da Motel 6 where it is fun and we gotz bones to chew.

Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

OMG! Ms. Salsalita Omnibug jumping that high I needed to see this with my own eyes too Wow!! I'm very, very impressed.

Mom to Bambi, Jewels, Sammy Boy and Pixie
    Tinha 2/14/91 - 4/25/08 - forever alive in my heart

Thanks

She looks like a mini deer jumping. So SO Cute!!! :hearts:

WooHoo! Salsa & Laika
    Feel better soon Owen :sick:
    Angela
    Rusty, Odie & Baxter

Thanks

You kids are flying !!!! LOVE it !!!
    Barb,Owned by Rudy Brandy-Angel Toby Mary Holly

Thanks

She's quite amazing. She ran really well. Missed her master's snooker by a hair-my fault of course. it's a complicated game to explain but there is an opening and a closing and she had completed the opening successfully and needed to get through number 6 in the closing to qualify. 6 was three jumps in a sorta semi-circle, then she needed to do a sharp left into a tunnel for number 7. you always try to get through them all (through 7) but as she was jumping the 3 jumps of 6, I was so happy cuz I thought YEAH we GOT IT then I turned maybe a fraction of a second too soon to the tunnel and she turned from the jump. They call refusals in USDAA (if they stop, turn away, or cross the plane of a jump without taking it) so that teeny tiny turn was it. dam.
    I stopped entering her in Jumpers cuz in Masters they are doing 16-18 jumps and at that height, it's too much for her. She doesn't like it.
    But she got a Gamblers run. those are hard for her too cuz the closing requires the dog to work at a distance. She can usually do the distance, but they don't give the mini dogs any more time to do it, so often she can't do it in time. They very often have the teeter in the gamble (distance part) and there's no way in heck she can make time with that...tips tooooo slow.
    People who know agility would appreciate her pairs run. It was soooo pretty and perfect. But we had to do the chute. The chute at this place is heavy-canvas, not nylon. She can't push through it. Sothe very nice judge said I could pull up the end for her if she got stuck. I said, when do I determine she's stuck?? Cuz I don't want her to be stuck!!! He said, well, just about as soon as she enters it LOL. He was awesome. basically giving me permission to hold it up for her the whole time. He said it's not her fault. So, she ran the second half of a pairs course (it's a relay and one team runs the first half, hands a baton over, and then the other team runs the second half)
    We HAD to do the chute side cuz we were the accomodating dog (a dog didn't have a partner so we ran again for free but it doesn't count as a Q for us, just the other dog cuz we already ran it.) So I can't run the same side twice with the same dog. So she was soooo geeked cuz she ran second and had to wait. she kept scooting off really fast like one of those toys cars you pull back and then it goes LOL. I kept saying SALSA WAIT! So when I had the baton and we ran, she really zoomed. And not only did I perfectly time the lifting of the chute-I did a front cross at the same time so I ran by it, pivoted and did a 180, bent over and plucked up the end of the chute and the timing so so great she just ran right through people were laughing. they prob. didn't know the judge said I could do that... and salsa just ran full speed the whole time with her determined liddle face :hearts::hearts:

and Segue

Thanks

How high does Salsa jumps? Looks like 8? Gigi jumps 8, but I know she can jump 12 ... she jumped 4 in TDAA, and that was like nothing. :duh:
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jenfer View Post
    How high does Salsa jumps? Looks like 8? Gigi jumps 8, but I know she can jump 12 ... she jumped 4 in TDAA, and that was like nothing. :duh:
    In USDAA she jumps 8. And that's Performance (like Preferred in AKC) so that's as low as they go. In all other venues, mine all jump 4 (AKC, CPE, TDAA..not sure about NADAC cuz we only did tunnelers and weavers). I'm glad they have 4 inch jumps, since they are dachshunds and I don't like them jumping high. Salsa can't even jump on the couch here...there just isn't a lot of muscle in those toothpick legs. She is 6.25 inches tall at the shoulder. Owen is 6.5 but he is springy and can jump very high. Laika is taller (8.25) but I don't want her jumping high. I do that tiny bit of USDAA with her where she has to jump 8. But only at that place, cuz of double padded rubber floors (it's awesome) and also rubberized contact obstacles cuz they are so easy for her to climb and dog's don't slip, either.
    Salsa loves jumping 4 cuz she can go really really fast then
    at the last USDAA tiral I had her in jumpers and there were 18 jumps..she started going around them. that's not like her so I won't enter that anymore. I want her to be happy and having fun. NOw Owen..he jumps freaking 16 inches in the air over a 4 inch jump. we say it's cuz he doesn't want to knock his peen. and like so many men, he is over-estimating it's length.

and Segue

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by areese View Post
    NOw Owen..he jumps freaking 16 inches in the air over a 4 inch jump. we say it's cuz he doesn't want to knock his peen. and like so many men, he is over-estimating it's length.
    OMG... now I'm going to paraphrase Lisa earlier: I'm all wet, and I don't have a pool nearby...
    Mom to Bambi, Jewels, Sammy Boy and Pixie
    Tinha 2/14/91 - 4/25/08 - forever alive in my heart

Thanks

OMG such a big jump for such a little girl, her determined little face is precious, she has such pretty form too! Wish I had time for agility

Thanks

I would give anything to watch them all in person!! Gillity looks like it's so much fun.
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.