Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

I like the shirts; just wish they weren't all mens' cut. Either I buy a huge one, or it's too tight around the chest and neck .
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by areese View Post
    are the weener shirts cool? I'd pay you for one and shipping...
    Here's the website showing the theme for this year... guessing that's what's on the shirts? Cute !

http://budalions.com/

I think you can order them from the site, too, after the races.
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by areese View Post
    are the weener shirts cool? I'd pay you for one and shipping...
    Oh, shoot! I wish I'd seen this in time. There are tons of wiener dog shirts and I would have gotten you one, but we're home now.

We did have lots of fun even though it was harder with just two of us since someone always had to stay with the wagon and the "stuff". I didn't like to leave Jim alone with all three of the dogs for too long either because if Scooter decided he wanted to eat a dog or kid then Cash would react too and it was pretty hard for one person to handle. So I didn't get as much shopping done as usual. It was very hot in the vendor area and when I took Cash and Miller with me down there it was so hot for them that I ended up carrying Miller and not staying that long. But as I said I already have most of what's there that I want anyway.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Cute pics - so glad you're having a better time this year and the weather's isn't ungodly hot. Sounds like the parking and walking is a pain, though -- no doubt you had some very pooped pooches (and hooparents) when it was all over!!!
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks

I forgot to tell everyone that when I was checking in at the hotel, the lady ahead of me was asking if there were any people staying in the hotel that were going to the Wiener Dog races. The hotel clerk said there were several even on party from Canada! I was like "Wow, Lisa and Rafi aren't the only ones that came from Canada". The next day when I was walking Cash and Miller around, I actually met the guy from Canada. He and his wife had come down from Ottawa for the races. His sister lives in Houston and she was coming to see them. I told him that I knew a couple that drove down from Brampton with their dogs. It was cool!

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

I really want to get back down again. I had such a great time last time! And I would love to bring the Cpt. I know he would love it. Maybe next year!
    Robyne - mom to Bayley & Braydi
    "Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

Thanks

I hope you can come Robyne! That would be so much fun. Maybe things will improve economically and more people can come next year The Capt could hang with my DH. He's not that social but he'll pretty much go with what someone else wants to talk about or do.

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

I missed not going :( We really are going to have to plan another massive meet-up. I think Y'all need passports to come and visit Canada for Wienerfest.

I truly wish Frankenmuth still had one. I used to love to go to that one. It was only 5 hours away and I got to see Amy AND the Christmas store (and have Frankenmuth chicken which is super yummy).

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    I truly wish Frankenmuth still had one. I used to love to go to that one. It was only 5 hours away and I got to see Amy AND the Christmas store (and have Frankenmuth chicken which is super yummy).
    I that. I really really REALLY miss our dachshund fest! It was the only doxie only event close to home. We do have the Frakenmuth Dog bowl coming at the end of may, they do have dachshund races at least. We'll be there :-)
    Angela
    Rusty, Odie & Baxter

Thanks

I have a passport now I'll just have to figure out how to get the time to go to Canada . . .

DREAM Dachshund Rescue