PDA

View Full Version : Laika's morning

areese
10-30-2008, 08:55 AM
Ok...so yesterday the neurosurgeon said Laika could be out of the crate when I am home. I'm feeling a bit more conservative than that so..she's is gonna spend most of her time in the crate for another couple of weeks.
But I was thinking this morning she could come out for a bit since she comes out to eat anyway and has to go out of course...
So I'm actually planning this while laying in bed before I get up..
I figure she can go out (still on leash of course) and then have breakfast and then hang out with the other dogs. I'll keep Bob in the garage with his breakfast for awhile so Laika can hang.
So..she DRAGS me outside. Drags me back in. They alway sit at the edge of the kitchen waiting while I get their food ready. Not. Laika must try to get the other ones running around. I yell and they all sit. And eat. Then Laika wants to climb into that lower "bunk" on the cart. I don't think that's good so I pull the bed off of there and there are all the discarded bones and rawhides that Salsa has stashed there. Much excitement. I fend off the other dogs so Laika can pick the one she wants. The dogs go to various beds with their chosen bone. Except Laika. Standing in the middle of the floor with a huge bone hanging out of her mouth, trying to make someone chase her. Bounding in circles (and halfway falling down in the rear cuz she's not all that steady still) I make her lay down with the bone. Nope. Bone must be hidden. So she's all over the house trying to find the perfect spot, showing the bone to Salsa and Owen so she can prance (or stagger) away, pretending that they are going to get it.
I give up. She's in the crate. Maybe I'll try it again tomorrow, sans bones.
They are all asleep now, BTW.

Barb
10-30-2008, 09:20 AM
Sorry sweetie, but I had to laugh !!!!! Wears you out, doesn't it ??? Your girlie is going to be back in shape in no time..... I agree with you though, I would be VERY conservative in what you allow her to do. She needs to crate rest so YOU can rest - LOL !!!!

Sure is tough keeping a good doxie down :bounce8:

michelehbc
10-30-2008, 09:21 AM
Oh, Laika! You worry your Mommy!! I'm sorry but I could not help but giggle A LITTLE! Silly Worm. Tryin to play and stuff! :hearts:

I agree, I would keep her in the crate, too. That would worry the **** out of me!

areese
10-30-2008, 09:34 AM
Yeah..it's 18 days post surgery... I asked the neurosurgeon if that wasn't a bit soon..he says he's been doing this a long time and has done hundreds of dogs and it's not been a problem. But of course I can crate her longer if I want. I want.
Of course he's not saying give her free range of the house unsupervised and there is absolutely no jumping or stairs (we don't have any) or CHASING (hear that BOB?????? I don't know what the heck to do about Bob).
I laughed too. It's good to have the old Laika back.
I had her out last night so we could lay on the floor and watch tv and I was massaging her and petting her and she is just soooo beautiful. And sweet. Sometimes.

Barb
10-30-2008, 09:43 AM
Yeah..it's 18 days post surgery... I asked the neurosurgeon if that wasn't a bit soon..he says he's been doing this a long time and has done hundreds of dogs and it's not been a problem. But of course I can crate her longer if I want. I want.
Of course he's not saying give her free range of the house unsupervised and there is absolutely no jumping or stairs (we don't have any) or CHASING (hear that BOB?????? I don't know what the heck to do about Bob).
I laughed too. It's good to have the old Laika back.
I had her out last night so we could lay on the floor and watch tv and I was massaging her and petting her and she is just soooo beautiful. And sweet. Sometimes.

Maybe she can snuggle with Rob on the bed a little this week end? And of course she is beautimus and sweet.... with a little hint of the devil...THAT's what makes them doxies :thumbup:

Alex's Mom
10-30-2008, 02:42 PM
ONG, Amy...this SO reminded me of the day that Dax came off 7 months (yes, months) stall rest when he tore a suspensory ligament. The idea was to handwalk him for 10 minutes, gradually building up to 1/2 hour. Uh-huh. Horse airborne...LARGE horse airborne...all he wanted to do was to run and buck and expend energy. So back in stall we went. It finally took THREE people holding him to walk him more or less quietly...or at least keeping all 4 feet on the ground :rolleyes: I feel your pain :rotfl: