PDA

View Full Version : Otto at it again

Otto'sMom
03-30-2010, 06:19 PM
I noticed this morning, Otto wasn't in bed. He can't get down on his own so I was slightly worried as to where he was. I found him in the living room, on the dog bed by the sofa, tucked in quite snugly and not wanting to get up. He had a cut on his face. I never heard a thing last night, and have super sonic hearing when it comes to Otto in distress. The towels I'd put on the floor for potty deposits weren't messed up, so I can only assume he walked there on his own. I gave him his breakfast in bed (as I do quite often) and went on to work.
Came home, and he was in the exact same position that I'd left him in. Not good. Tried the toe test. Not good. Took him in to the vet, and x-rays revealed that it was the same location that was injured before, but this time, only half. His left side wasn't working, but he still has deep pain in both feet and wags his tail.
He got a steroid shot and is on the usual crate rest. If there is no improvement by Thursday....he'll need the surgery :( which I seriously can't afford to even think about.

So, send super dooper mega powerful Otto back be better :bigrayz:

areese
03-30-2010, 06:23 PM
:bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: that the crate rest and steroids work. :crossfin::crossfin::crossfin:

Lisa
03-30-2010, 07:23 PM
Oodles of rayz for Otto Man. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Crap. Crap. Crap.

Please keep us updated on his progress. I truly hope the steroids and crate rest do the trick. :crossfin:

Alex's Mom
03-30-2010, 07:42 PM
Oh sweetie, not our Otto!!!!!!!!!! Tons and tons and tons of :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: coming at him and :crossfin::crossfin: that steroids and crate rest work. :hug99::hug99::hug99:

SaxLady
03-30-2010, 07:54 PM
Praying very much that Otto won't need surgery. Hoping that it's just a full moon thing that will be ok in a day or two. The full moon today is in Libra conjunct Saturn, which can bring back past health problems. Saturn has rulership over skin, teeth and bones. Sending comfort and healing :bigrayz::bigrayz: to Otto and you.

vferraro99
03-30-2010, 08:06 PM
Oh, my goodness... sending tons of mega :bigrayz::bigrayz: for Otto. Do you think he fell from the bed?

lotsadox
03-30-2010, 08:24 PM
Sending mega :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: and :pray: :pray: :pray: for Otto.

Jacqueline
03-30-2010, 08:59 PM
Sending :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for our Otto. I was just thinking of him. Give him a kiss from me and my girls.

Rafi
03-30-2010, 09:02 PM
Sorry Andrea, here are some healing :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for Otto and some :hug99::hug99:for you, I know this is stressful for you as much is it is for Otto.

oceangirls
03-30-2010, 09:03 PM
I'm sorry! :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

RustysMom
03-30-2010, 09:06 PM
oh no! Andrea I am so sorry to hear about Otto. I hope the shots help! Keep us updated! :hug99:
:bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

Otto'sMom
03-30-2010, 10:09 PM
Praying very much that Otto won't need surgery. Hoping that it's just a full moon thing that will be ok in a day or two. The full moon today is in Libra conjunct Saturn, which can bring back past health problems. Saturn has rulership over skin, teeth and bones. Sending comfort and healing :bigrayz::bigrayz: to Otto and you.

That's so funny, because my mystery stomach ailment has reared it's firey burney head again, after being gone for a very long time. I am not at the top of my game right now.

doxrox
03-30-2010, 10:17 PM
Mega :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for Otto, my favorite anipal! And :hug99: to you, I'm sure the worry and stress are not helping your stomach.

AnnMarieK
03-30-2010, 11:13 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: For both of you....:sosad:

Rileybugg
03-31-2010, 02:13 AM
King sized :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for the King and his devoted mom....

Otto'sMom
03-31-2010, 09:13 AM
He stood on his own (with little support from the band I use) and peed this morning. Barked to let me know he needed to go.
Staying home today due to tummy ache/explosive intestinal distress.

lotsadox
03-31-2010, 09:14 AM
I'm glad Otto could stand and still has bladder control. Sorry about your tummy. Sending more :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

vferraro99
03-31-2010, 09:16 AM
He stood on his own (with little support from the band I use) and peed this morning. Barked to let me know he needed to go.
Staying home today due to tummy ache/explosive intestinal distress.

I'm glad he's standing up on his own.

I also have these stomach distress things when I get stressed out, which is understandable in your case. Sending more mega healing :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for both Otto and you. Keep us posted.

Otto'sMom
03-31-2010, 09:17 AM
My stomach hurt yesterday morning before I "knew" anything was really wrong. :(

bsquared
03-31-2010, 09:19 AM
I'm sending you both super, mega :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigr ayz:!!!!!!

Barb
03-31-2010, 09:20 AM
MEga gazillion :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for Otto and his mommy. That is a good sign that with support he was able to hold himself up. Take care of you and your tummy too.... :hug99:

Alex's Mom
03-31-2010, 09:23 AM
My stomach hurt yesterday morning before I "knew" anything was really wrong. :(

The body knows often before the mind acknowledges :) :hug99::hug99: Glad to hear he's feeling a bit better. Tons more :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: coming at both of you!!!!!

Tex
03-31-2010, 09:26 AM
I get the feeling that today just isn't going to be a good day....

Sending lots of :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for Otto's back and your tummy!

wawailc
03-31-2010, 09:48 AM
OH NO!!! Not King Otto! Here's :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for the boy and his Mom's tummy.

RDavidP
03-31-2010, 11:04 AM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: for King Otto's back.

jenfer
03-31-2010, 01:05 PM
Sending :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:for you and Otto!

Frzframe
03-31-2010, 02:06 PM
Oh no for both of you. Many mega :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for Otto and many mega :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for you too.

Mama S.
03-31-2010, 04:36 PM
I'm gone 24 hours chasing Satan and you just all fall apart???
Lots of extra special prayers and :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:for the anipalace!!!

Otto'sMom
03-31-2010, 04:56 PM
Otto is doing better as am I. He pooped this afternoon and can stand. I slept till 2:30.

Yolie
03-31-2010, 05:03 PM
:bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for Otto and Otto's mommy.

vferraro99
03-31-2010, 05:18 PM
I'm so glad you're both doing better! Sending more mega :bigrayz::bigrayz: and a :hug99: for good measure.

bittyup
03-31-2010, 05:26 PM
Lots of :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:for the frosty faced man and some :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:for his devoted mom too.Feel better:hug99:

Lisa
03-31-2010, 05:39 PM
Great update. I am so happy you are both doing better. :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3:

I know every dog is different, but can you ask Dr. Moore exactly what he gave Otto and how much? I am just trying to gather data in case Pogo ever goes down again.

Kasianni
03-31-2010, 06:21 PM
Sending lots of :bigrayz:for sweet Otto!! Glad he is doing better

LexieLuvr
03-31-2010, 06:28 PM
Many, many more :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigr ayz::bigrayz: for both of you!!

Otto'sMom
03-31-2010, 06:57 PM
It was Dr. Longo, and it was a cortisone/steroid shot with pain pills and good ol' prednisone routine.

SaxLady
04-01-2010, 01:53 AM
Andrea, so glad you both are better. Looks like it could have been a full moon thingy after all. The FM was in the 12th House of your chart. Sixth and twelveth Houses rule ones health. FM is effective for 28 days, so take it easy.

Alex's Mom
04-01-2010, 06:28 AM
:relieved: I've been worried sick about both of you. :hug99::hug99: all round, and a few :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: just in case!!

areese
04-01-2010, 08:44 AM
I sure hope you are feeling better today, Andrea. And also hope Otto continues to improve daily. :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::hug99::hug99::hug99:

vferraro99
04-01-2010, 09:48 AM
I sure hope you are feeling better today, Andrea. And also hope Otto continues to improve daily. :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::hug99::hug99::hug99:

Double :ditto: Keep us posted.

Otto'sMom
04-01-2010, 12:32 PM
Otto continues to improve, he walked with support from me with the sling, and is pooping and peeing normally :)
I'm feeling TONS better :) but my stomach area is still feeling like someone punched me there, but the innards no longer burn, and I can eat :)

And, just for bonus wackiness, while I was at a reenlistment this morning, a seagull flying over us dropped a HUGE fish right in front of us, about 4 feet away! Too funny!

AgileOllie
04-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Glad to hear that about Otto!! How funny about the fish. Surely that's some sort of omen for whoever was re-enlisting. LOL. Was it dead?

vferraro99
04-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Thank doG it was a fish dropped 4 ft in front of you, not something else in your head, as I've had the displeasure to have happened to me :rotfl::rotfl:

Glad you and Otto are feeling much better :cheer3::cheer3:

lotsadox
04-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Thank doG it was a fish dropped 4 ft in front of you, not something else in your head, as I've had the displeasure to have happened to me :rotfl::rotfl:

I was thinking the same thing, Vicki :rotfl::rotfl:

I'm glad that you and Otto are both doing better. Sending more :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for continued healing for both of you.

Alex's Mom
04-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Otto continues to improve, he walked with support from me with the sling, and is pooping and peeing normally :)
I'm feeling TONS better :) but my stomach area is still feeling like someone punched me there, but the innards no longer burn, and I can eat :)

And, just for bonus wackiness, while I was at a reenlistment this morning, a seagull flying over us dropped a HUGE fish right in front of us, about 4 feet away! Too funny!

"So long and thanks for the fish"? :rotfl::rotfl: Glad to hear everything is looking up!!! :hug99:

Lisa
04-01-2010, 12:56 PM
"So long and thanks for the fish"? :rotfl::rotfl: Glad to hear everything is looking up!!! :hug99:
That is one of my all time favorite books. :hearts:

I am so happy to hear about both you and Otto on the mend. :cheer3: :cheer3:

More improvement rayz for both. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Otto'sMom
04-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Glad to hear that about Otto!! How funny about the fish. Surely that's some sort of omen for whoever was re-enlisting. LOL. Was it dead?

If it wasn't dead when the bird had it, the sudden stop at the concrete did it in. That was one dead fish.:rotfl:

bittyup
04-03-2010, 11:13 PM
Glad you all are doing better(except maybe the fish:rotfl:)

Jacqueline
04-03-2010, 11:30 PM
If it wasn't dead when the bird had it, the sudden stop at the concrete did it in. That was one dead fish.:rotfl:

It's not the fall that kills you, it's the sudden stop. Hope Otto is doing even better today. Sending more :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: